Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday, Dad!

As usual I am running late, but I wanted my July 1st blog (I know, it is now July 2nd, 2009) to be dedicated to my Dad who celebrated his 90th birthday today :)
My Dad has always been a source of inspiration to me...he worked hard to keep the family going and at the same time stayed in the Army Reserves after WWII and retired as a Colonel. Because he had to go on "active duty" every summer he never was able to vacation with us but made sure we always got to go on vacation to our favorite spot, Disneyland. He lost the love of his life, my Mother, January 6th, 1984. Never a person to show alot of emotion, he ended up with an ulcer less than a year later. He has remained single but has had two special "lady friends" since then...Lois, who passed on, and Nancy whom he has known since college. He worked till he was 67 because he wanted to. He then retired but kept busy traveling and being active in many groups for retired military personnel. He has stood behind me when others didn't and has taught me the meaning of "unconditonal love".
So I celebrate his 90th birthday and realize how blessed I am :) Here's to a celebration this weekend and the American Idol concert on July 10th. Yes, he IS a fan and will be rockin' out in the 6th row with us!! Love you more than you'll ever know, Dad!! xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I was able to have the pleasure of meeting your dad--he IS very special! It was awesome to have him there on our special "Scodd" night! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy, how 'bout another blog post, eh? ;)
    Love ya!! Let's get to buggin' Scott about doing a show in Sac asap! :D

    ReplyDelete